Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about OCU products & services? Here is a list of the most frequently asked questions – if you need more information, please contact us directly and a friendly staff member will assist you with your inquiry.
You can access eStatements by logging in to MemberDirect® Online Services and click on the “E-Statements” button located on the left hand side of your screen. Your eStatement should be available on the 3rd or 4th business day of each month.
If you currently use MemberDirect® Online Services, you will start receiving eStatements immediately. You will still continue to receive your printed statement in the mail unless you Opt-Out of your printed statement.
You can Opt-Out of your printed statement by using one of the following options;
- Mail or fax in the included “No Statement Request” form to the branch
- Come by the branch and speak to a member services representative
- Log in to MemberDirect® Online Services and click on the eStatements button, then follow the prompts there
To keep fresh and current, we regularly review our statements to ensure that you are getting the best quality possible. In our latest review, we determined that our statements could be adding more value and at the same time, reduce the amount of paper required for printing. We also introduced electronic statements so that you don’t have to receive a printed statement at all.
Statements with many pages can be confusing. To help members gain a quicker understanding of their finances, we introduced a summary that breaks down your accounts into groups such as “Chequing” that include all your chequing accounts.
The marketing ads you see on your statement will reflect our most current advertising campaign. These ads are specific to Osoyoos Credit Union and are products & services that we think may benefit you.
You can visit your local branch and for a small charge receive another copy of your statement. If you use MemberDirect® Online Services, you can download a free copy from there.
Your electronic statements will appear on MemberDirect® Online Services for 7 years starting from January 1st 2010.
When you send money using Interac e-Transfer, your money never actually travels by email or text message. Email and text messages are only used to notify the recipient and to provide instructions on how to deposit the money. Your financial institution and your recipient’s financial institution transfer funds using established and secure banking procedures.
- Encryption technology
- Confidential user IDs and passwords issued by financial institutions
- A secure login process
- A security question and answer to ensure only the intended recipient receives the money
An Interac e-Transfer transaction cannot be reversed once the recipient of the funds has deposited the transfer. You must obtain a refund directly from the recipient. You can ask the recipient to send you an Interac e-Transfer for the refund amount. Like using cash, you should send money transfers only to parties you know and trust. For most uses of the Interac e-Transfer service (sending money to family and friends, repaying IOUs, sending monetary gifts, etc.), you know the recipient well. For uses where you may not know the receiver well (e.g., online auction purchases), take the precautions you would take when making cash purchases. For auctions and online purchases, be sure to read and follow steps as recommended by operators of these websites to protect your money.
It’s a simple, secure way to send and receive money directly to and from your existing bank account The money can be accessed immediately after your Interac e-Transfer is accepted To send an Interac e-Transfer, all you need is the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number Never worry about sharing your personal or financial information with the people you send money to: your address and account information are kept private A security question protects your money from being deposited by unintended recipients No need to set up new accounts, user ID or passwords – you’re already in online banking. Easy! An email and/or text message carries the notification only, not your funds. Osoyoos Credit Union uses existing payment networks to transfer the money to any financial institution in Canada. However, anybody with a bank account in Canada can deposit an Interac e-Transfer with the information contained in a text or email notification.
1. Login to MemberDirect online services
2. Choose Interac e-Transfer within the Transfer/Payment menu options
3. Select a recipient by entering an email address and/or mobile phone number
4. Fill in the Interac e-Transfer information (dollar amount, account from which to withdraw the funds, a security question that only the recipient will know the answer to and optional personal message)
5. Follow the instructions to confirm the information and complete the transfer If you haven’t signed up for online or mobile banking, contact your us and we would be happy to help.
As a sender – Interac e-Transfer confirmation numbers are saved in your online banking history. In addition, you will receive an email notification and/or text message once the intended recipient has accepted the transfer. As a recipient – You will receive an email notification and/or text message when the transfer is sent, indicating the amount as well as instructions for depositing the funds.
Protecting Your Member Card
You can deposit your funds by clicking on the link contained in the text message or email notification, or you can type the link contained in the notification into your browser – no matter how you’re notified, you can deposit your funds at any computer or mobile device connected to the Internet.
Here are some tips that can help prevent your cards from being stolen or your card number from being used without your approval.
- Sign your new card immediately
- Refrain from giving your card number over the phone
- Remember to get your card back after using it
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately. For MasterCard® call 1-800-567-8111; for MEMBER CARD® debit card call the Osoyoos Credit Union at (250) 495-6522 or (1-800-882-1966 within BC)
- Keep credit card numbers and details in a safe place
- Lend your card
- Leave your card in the glove compartment of your vehicle
- Leave your card in a conspicuous place
- Leave your card in your hotel room ATM Safeguards
- DO NOT write your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your card. DO NOT keep a copy of your PIN written down in your purse or wallet. Keep your PIN confidential.
- Always save your receipt in case you have a question regarding a transaction.
If you sense something wrong or detect a suspicious situation as you approach the
- ATM, DO NOT USE THE ATM. Leave the area immediately. Be particularly cautious at night and when alone.
- Give plenty of room to other people using the ATM. Wait until the person fully completes all transactions and leaves before you approach. To speed your transaction, have your card ready.
- While performing your transaction, put your body between the keyboard and the people waiting to use the ATM. This shields your PIN from view. If your card is lost or stolen, contact Osoyoos Credit Union immediately at 250-495-6522